Let your dreams soar.
About Braeside Financial Planning
- Braeside is a Registered Investment Advisory firm, registered with North Carolina and with South Carolina. Our office is in Asheville, NC.
- We specialize in providing professional financial advice to individuals and families from all walks of life.
- We set no minimum net worth, income level or investable asset level requirements in order to accept prospective clients.
- Braeside's compensation is based solely on hourly fees. We don't accept commissions or referral fees or any other third-party compensation, thus assuring clients that financial advice is delivered solely with their best interests in mind. This is the heart of the fiduciary standard to which Braeside subscribes. Our approach is therefore unlike that of most financial planners, who accept commissions leading to higher-cost products, resulting in diluted performance returns. Braeside considers the fees inherent with various financial products before making recommendations, with a focus on recommending those with very low fee structures.
- We are independent and have no affiliations with banks, brokerage firms or insurance companies. As a result, our research and analysis is not confined to a limited scope of options.
- Our clients implement their plans and maintain total direct control of their investments. They do not place funds under our management.
- Braeside's services are provided on an as-needed basis. Clients can engage us for advice regarding a one-time purchase or investment, a multi-meeting comprehensive plan, or for ongoing, periodic financial checkups.
About Bob Blanke, CFP®
- Bob is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ™ practitioner, having successfully completed the Certificate Program in Personal Financial Planning from DePaul University.
- He passed the FINRA Series 65–Uniform Investment Advisor Law Exam.
- After holding technical and executive financial and general management positions with multinational corporations, Bob purchased and operated a mid-sized manufacturing firm in Chicago for 12 years.
- Bob is driven by a passion to make a difference in the lives of others through strong Christian beliefs. He pursued this passion by serving as Director of Administration for five years for a faith-based not-for-profit organization. In this role, he worked part-time helping individuals seeking to take control of their financial futures.
- Bob is founder and principal of Braeside Financial Planning LLC. He established the firm to elevate his passion for making a difference in the financial lives of others to a full-time basis.
- He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from North Carolina State University, and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree, specializing in Finance and General Management, from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Bob is a member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors, an international organization of professional, fee-only financial advisors. Members are committed to providing individual financial services to people of all walks of life on an hourly, as-needed basis. Continuous training and dialog among the hundreds of planner members across the nation are integral to NAPFA's purpose. This system facilitates Bob's research and analysis for his clients to deal effectively and proactively with the constantly changing financial landscape. Bob's advice reflects the collective wisdom of many of the best financial planners in the country.